Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Angry Jiake JK-10 Malware issue, want to root. Please help

Hey gang. My nexus 4 recently died, and until i can replace the LCD+Digitizer im using a cheap Jiake JK-10 with Android 4.2.2.

I bought it in a shop here in Singapore. It's a Chinese brand that is "up and coming," but I'm 99.9% positive there is a ton of malware, trackers, and/or data stealing junk built in.

I did full scans with a series of different scanners from the Play marketplace and they've confirmed there is indeed malware on board and built-in to the ROM.

So, my question is this: If I am able to root it, is it possible to install any ROM, i.e., stock nexus 4 ROM from Google Developers site, or other "safe" ROM? Or must the ROM be developed FOR my Jiake jk-10? I have only found the stock ROM for the Jiake JK-10 - and according to the build number, its the same as the one I have on here now. Just looking for a clean vanilla-ish ROM.

Any insight would be valuable. Thanks!

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Jiake JK-10 Malware issue, want to root. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by geoffist View Post
    Hey gang. My nexus 4 recently died, and until i can replace the LCD+Digitizer im using a cheap Jiake JK-10 with Android 4.2.2.

I bought it in a shop here in Singapore. It's a Chinese brand that is "up and coming," but I'm 99.9% positive there is a ton of malware, trackers, and/or data stealing junk built in.

I did full scans with a series of different scanners from the Play marketplace and they've confirmed there is indeed malware on board and built-in to the ROM.

So, my question is this: If I am able to root it, is it possible to install any ROM, i.e., stock nexus 4 ROM from Google Developers site, or other "safe" ROM? Or must the ROM be developed FOR my Jiake jk-10? I have only found the stock ROM for the Jiake JK-10 - and according to the build number, its the same as the one I have on here now. Just looking for a clean vanilla-ish ROM.

Any insight would be valuable. Thanks!
    You'd have to find a ROM specifically for the phone, but since it is a very rare or rather, uncommon device, finding something like that might be hard with little to no dev support. I'd check xda-developers.com and see if they have something for it but I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Bummer :-/

I'll try xda-developers.com and heed your advice.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by geoffist View Post
    Thanks for the speedy reply.

Bummer :-/

I'll try xda-developers.com and heed your advice.

Thanks!
    Don't know why I'm up this late lol
    Let me know if you find anything or need further help
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:

hi, i just bought one of this phone . and only five days after purchase the phone black out and does'nt want to come on. please help