Is there a reasonable danger of virus on Android?

patini

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
So i surfed the web on my beloved galaxy note 10.1. Suddenly wild download appear. I figure since the sites I was visiting was of a sort that can provide virus on computers, i panicked and turned the device off, at the time the download had reached 56%. After turning it back on, i had to turn on flight mode to stop the download. The tab felt weird, I couldn't see how much more of the download was missing, what name of the file, and i couldn't cancel it. So i had to factory reset.

How bad you think Virus can get on android? Do you think spyware is a bigger issue on androids? Can people be able track your Card-info from googleplay? And other information?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The good news is that nothing can install on Android without you giving it permission to, so even if it downloads something, that's just a file in your downloads folder. Even if you want to install it, you have to go specifically to your security settings and enable third party apps for it to work, then specifically hit install, etc. on the new app. It is pretty strange to see that sort of thing. Best advice is to not interact with malware laden sites and/or not to download anything you're not sure of what it is and where it is coming from.

Here's a good breakdown of the obstacles real malware would have to get through in order to do harm to your device. The bottom line is, if you don't let it, most things can't hurt your device. Android security chief breaks down real malware data | Android Central So... the trick is, to not let it.

peterdroid

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The good news is that nothing can install on Android without you giving it permission to, so even if it downloads something, that's just a file in your downloads folder.
I just want add some words to this post.
Yea it's true. We cant install nothing. But "android virus makers" can just create simple app(example - pack of wallpapers for u android) where they can write a bad code :] . Also need see on permission which app askin when trying to install on phone.
I very surprised when app want permission to my contacts (as example) when it's just offline game where i must just running.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown