Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weird "speed up your phone" pop up..

Hello all,

Recently, while randomly browsing the web, I received a weird popup asking me if I want to speed up my phone. It hasn't been all the sites, just a few (thegloss.com and myfitnesspal.com), but enough to make me believe it is not the site but perhaps something resident on my phone. I've searched via google and on this forum and it doesn't seem like anyone else (except ONE) has encountered this issue. I have a habit of mostly buying my apps and don't really download free games much. I've also checked all the stuff I've downloaded and/or purchased to see if anyone else has the same issue as me. Has anyone else seen this and did you figure out what may be causing this? I've also installed Lookout Ad Network Detector, AirPush detector and Airpush Permanent Opt-Out. I've ran my antivirus. And I can't figure out what is causing this. Thoughts?

Weird "speed up your phone" pop up..-screenshot_2014-03-20-22-00-07.png

Default Re: Weird "speed up your phone" pop up..

It's just a pop up ad, ignore it by hitting the back button.

Posted with my HTC Droid DNA using the NuSenseONE MAX ROM 5.5/4.4.2 via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

THANK YOU! I was worried because I don't think I've ever seen that pop up while browsing all sorts of sites in the past. Phew!

No problem, you can look on the Web and sideload an ad blocker (google has banned them from the play store), there are several out there, but ad blocker seems to be the most popular.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
    Thanked by: