Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Self-Destructing SMS/MMS

Wow, my first thread and I need some assistance. I require an app that can provide simple destruction of my messages after they have been viewed by the recipient. MMS capability is of paramount importance also. I have been to the Store (and googled this) but there are millions of apps and I'm just wondering if anyone here has experience with a particular app they found worked for them. Thanks in advance. -z_j

Default Re: Self-Destructing SMS/MMS

Yes I have to ask.. Do you mean to delete the message off your phone or theirs? You cannot delete it off their phone.. That would be a big security flaw.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

This article may help you find what you're looking for: THN 5 Best WhatsApp alternatives with end-to-end Encryption. According to the article Telegram has a 'Secret Chat' feature that self-destructs messages after the conversation. In the description of surespot encrypted messenger the article says that if you delete a message, it's deleted from the recipient's phone, too. (I would think that for these message self-destructing/deleting features to work, both parties would have to have the same app installed.) The three other apps in the article don't seem to meet your requirements, but then I'm going by the short description in the article and haven't checked the descriptions in the Play Store.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Yes I have to ask.. Do you mean to delete the message off your phone or theirs? You cannot delete it off their phone.. That would be a big security flaw.

Around a decade ago, I had an Sharp GX20; with this device, I was able to send messages that once were read by the receiver, they vanished. I thought something of this nature would be available today.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Christop54 View Post
    This article may help you find what you're looking for: THN 5 Best WhatsApp alternatives with end-to-end Encryption. According to the article Telegram has a 'Secret Chat' feature that self-destructs messages after the conversation. In the description of surespot encryptedmessenger the article says that if you delete a message, it's deleted from the recipient's phone, too. (I would think that for these message self-destructing/deleting features to work, both parties would have to have the same app installed.) The three other apps in the article don't seem to meet your requirements, but then I'm going by the short description in the article and haven't checked the descriptions in the Play Store.
    Looks promising. I'm on it. Thanks for your time. -V

Edit. Just had an amazing idea; why don't I just purchase an old GX??? If ^^^ these app suggestions bare no fruit then that is the way forward (by going backwards).
    Last edited by zombie_Jesus; 03-27-2014 at 10:37 AM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by Christop54 View Post
    This article may help you find what you're looking for: THN 5 Best WhatsApp alternatives with end-to-end Encryption. According to the article Telegram has a 'Secret Chat' feature that self-destructs messages after the conversation. In the description of surespot encrypted messenger the article says that if you delete a message, it's deleted from the recipient's phone, too. (I would think that for these message self-destructing/deleting features to work, both parties would have to have the same app installed.) The three other apps in the article don't seem to meet your requirements, but then I'm going by the short description in the article and haven't checked the descriptions in the Play Store.
    Telegram is not secure according to security expert Steve Gibson. Threema is but I don't know if it has auto delete.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App