Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I did something stupid

Hi there

Downloaded an alternative for KIES on my pc and allowed USB debugging in the dev options. Turned out that MBAM found over 100 infected files on my PC after installing the software and I am worried that I might have malware on my Samsung now aswell.

Anti virusses found nothing, but I don't think they can go deep enough into the system to discover malware.

Hopefully can you guys relieve me of this stress

Global Posts
    10,055 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: I did something stupid

Quote Originally Posted by BouzyWouzy View Post
    Hi there

Downloaded an alternative for KIES on my pc and allowed USB debugging in the dev options. Turned out that MBAM found over 100 infected files on my PC after installing the software and I am worried that I might have malware on my Samsung now aswell.

Anti virusses found nothing, but I don't think they can go deep enough into the system to discover malware.

Hopefully can you guys relieve me of this stress
    Welcome to the forums!

Always used programs that are recommend by the OEM for your device to prevent this type of thing from happening. You can factory reset the device and format the sd card (FAT32). I'd be cautious with what you backup and bring back to the device once you get setup.

It might also be a good idea to change user passwords, especially the one the Google account used on the device.