- 1 Posts
I did something stupid
Downloaded an alternative for KIES on my pc and allowed USB debugging in the dev options. Turned out that MBAM found over 100 infected files on my PC after installing the software and I am worried that I might have malware on my Samsung now aswell.
Anti virusses found nothing, but I don't think they can go deep enough into the system to discover malware.
Hopefully can you guys relieve me of this stress
- 04-04-2014, 10:17 AM #2
Re: I did something stupid
Always used programs that are recommend by the OEM for your device to prevent this type of thing from happening. You can factory reset the device and format the sd card (FAT32). I'd be cautious with what you backup and bring back to the device once you get setup.
It might also be a good idea to change user passwords, especially the one the Google account used on the device.
- By joe11116 in forum LG G2Replies: 7Last Post: 04-01-2014, 03:18 AM
- By Kyle535 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 5Last Post: 03-30-2014, 12:05 PM
- By parout66 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 1Last Post: 03-30-2014, 04:35 AM
- By T-Rob in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 11Last Post: 03-28-2014, 03:07 PM
- By orangeman in forum LG G2Replies: 1Last Post: 03-27-2014, 07:48 AM