- 975 Posts
When I bought my Samsung Galaxy S5 Friday.
At Best Buy they had the Samsung booth and rep in the store.
Went over and asked him about a Virus protection software.
He said here let me download AVL virus protection for you. Its 99% good.
So I've had it on my S5
If you are looking for a free virus protection look at AVL.
- 04-12-2014, 09:07 PM #2
Re: Virus Protection
Although I've always been a proponent of installing antivirus/security apps on smartphones to stay ahead of the malware curve, it's starting to become superfluous, considering that Google is really stepping up their native malware scanning features, as described in this article: Android update coming with regular malware scans | Android Central
Since Google's Android Device Manager also offers functions like remote location and remote wipe, there are getting to be fewer and fewer reasons to install a 3rd party app. One of the only reasons I still have Lookout still installed is its nice feature of taking a photo with the front-facing camera if someone fails the unlock pattern 3 times in a row. It then emails me that picture, showing me who the thief is (or a self-portrait, if I was being all thumbs).
- By android jack in forum Android AntivirusReplies: 3Last Post: 06-06-2014, 08:26 AM
- By Trent9810 in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 4Last Post: 04-15-2014, 01:10 PM
- By kenrob2037 in forum Android Security TalkReplies: 6Last Post: 04-14-2014, 07:19 AM
- By Cyril Bihary in forum Android Security TalkReplies: 1Last Post: 04-11-2014, 09:52 AM
- By Jared Streisfeld in forum VerizonReplies: 12Last Post: 04-03-2014, 11:16 AM