Carrier intercepting data, very concerned

projectmrod

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm a civilian contractor working in afghanistan, and I picked up a local carrier (Roshan) sim card mostly to use their data. It's actually pretty cheap out here, ~25$ for 2.5gb of data and 100 minutes of talk time. Again, I only use my phone for data as i plan to do all my calling back to the states via skype etc. anyways, a few days ago, the sim carrier sent me a Facebook request.

I've never gone on fb through chrome on my Nexus 5, and have only used the app. Also, my username is very special, and many of my own friends coworkers have an extremely hard time finding me on facebook. so obviously, the carrier has found/intercepted packet data that gave them enough info to find me on fb. This is very disconcerting to me. Is there anyway to prevent this? I tried downloading a vpn app, (hotspot shield and vpnoneclick) but both have the same problem of disconnecting after 10 minutes, and data speeds pretty much slow to a crawl when I use them.

Anyone have any idea how to prevent snooping from these afghan carriers??

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Carrier IQ is on all Android phones. Not saying that's what happened here but all information on your phone has the capability to be sent back to your carrier and phone manu.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon