Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    l0k

Default Mysterious device in the Android Device Manager

Does anyone have any experience with this? I've been googling and can't find any guidance, maybe I'm not searching for the right thing..

My Galaxy S2 died on me so I was going through my account in preparation for the S5 I'm about to receive. In the google play store I noticed a Galaxy S3 had been used to access my account, and I definitely haven't signed in on an S3 before.

The device was added on the 28th March, which was before my S2 died, and was last active on the 22nd April, which was afterwards. It's on T-Mobile US which makes me doubly sure it has nothing to do with me.

I'd like to kick the device off my account, and if possible find out more about it first, but all I can seem to do is hide it in the play store, or the usual find/wipe my phone stuff, which only work if the phone is on.

Any advice?

Default Re: Mysterious device in the Android Device Manager

change your Google password asap.
    Thanked by:
    l0k 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    l0k

OK thanks for this quick reply, I'm thinking of a password right now but I'm confused, does changing the password log everything off?

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by l0k View Post
    OK thanks for this quick reply, I'm thinking of a password right now but I'm confused, does changing the password log everything off?
    Yes. If you change the password every connected device will be given an error and forced to log back in. Regarding your original question, it's hard to say why a S3 shows up without you having ever used one, especially on T-Mobile. Perhaps you at one time used a friends device to check something and forgot that you logged in. Other than that, I can't think of any explanation to justify the device being on your account.
    Thanked by:
    l0k 

If you logged in from another device or used another browser,that could explain the extra device.