Android launchers

Poltergeist93

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
How safe are they? Most Android launchers I see are developed over seas. I know Go launcher is based out of China and there laws differ from the U.S.A's in terms of privacy. Been looking into using Buzz launcher. Has anybody had any privacy problems with any Android launchers? Including Buzz launcher?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I haven't heard about problems related to launchers. I'm using Apex, which I like a lot. Nova is extremely popular. Aviater, lots more. :)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Sure! Try it or Nova. I think the free version of Apex has more features than the free version of Nova. They're both really good. :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If you stick to the larger, more popular launchers you'll be fine. Nova is a favorite of mine. Though, apex and Go are good ones as well - there are plenty of others good launchers, so take a look at a few and read through the comments to see if there's anything worth noting.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Was thinking about trying out and buying GoLauncher but they seem a little shady a Chinese developer has a employee who data mines. :eek:

Sent from my Moto G using AC Forums mobile app

It has a huge amount of downloads, so I'd think if they were doing anything dishonest someone would have caught it by now. It's up to you, but it seems pretty safe to try. :)

Edit: Or maybe leave Go alone. I'm seeing they may be doing suspicious things. :/

Poltergeist93

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
It has a huge amount of downloads, so I'd think if they were doing anything dishonest someone would have caught it by now. It's up to you, but it seems pretty safe to try. :)

Edit: Or maybe leave Go alone. I'm seeing they may be doing suspicious things. :/

See! Being sneaky lol. Data mining and such. Very sneaky Chinese developer. I wonder if the developers of Apex Launcher are Chinese :eek:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you have to worry about Apex launcher.They have been around for awhile .Alot of people use and like Apex.
I just prefer Nova Prime,its just what I got use too. :)

See! Being sneaky lol. Data mining and such. Very sneaky Chinese developer. I wonder if the developers of Apex Launcher are Chinese :eek:

I don't know they could be some sneaky people from anywhere ,lol. I'm joking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non