Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does AVG give false notifications of sim card changes on android?

Referring to anti theft here.

My problem: I purchased a phone that was used as a display model as it was the last one left. Note: I got no discount for it being a display model.

The sales rep tells me that the phone has never been switched on or used by anyone else. Its completely new in other words. So it was just on display to show the physical device nothing more.

So I get home, install AVG on the phone and I log in to my avg account then out of the blue I get an email from AVG telling me that the new phones sim card has been changed. Gives me the previous sim cards details which don't match with the sim card used to activate the phone (two completely different carries/service providers. ) however the sim card that the email says is currently in the device matches the sim card used to activate the device which is the same sim card that came with the device.

My question is, has avg been known to give false sim change notifications or should I take it back and get my money back.

My concern: why would the previous user take the phone back to the store? What was wrong with it?

The only thing that doesn't make sense (I could be wrong here? ) is wouldn't the previous user have had to download avg and log into my avg account? (My avg password and email user name isn't that easy to guess) so I doubt this is possible?

Either AVGs product was faulty or their products are just too unbelievably good ?

So do I trust the email and take it back before my free exchange time runs out or egnore the email ?
    my devices: Nokia Lumia 520, Samsung Galaxy S2, Nokia Asha 301, Samsung star, samsung E1105T (supper dumb phone)

Global Posts
    23,820 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Does AVG give false notifications of sim card changes on android?

I am not sure about the SIM card thing. AVG has given false flags in the past, but updates always seemed to fix those.

Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry