Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Facebook messenger app

    So how does everyone feel about Facebook forcing people to use the messaging app separately and all of its "invasive" permissions people do not like? Do you think Facebook is misusing our information?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Facebook messenger app

    I could careless because I never had and never would use facebook on an Android device anyways. I find talking to people face to face much more social.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Facebook messenger app

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    I could careless because I never had and never would use facebook on an Android device anyways. I find talking to people face to face much more social.
    I can agree with that! "face to face" But some people have different situations. In terms of being social.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Facebook messenger app

    Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeist93 View Post
    I can agree with that! "face to face" But some people have different situations. In terms of being social.
    Very true but Facebook is far from the only answer and honestly should be the last option if the permissions are an issue.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Facebook messenger app

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Very true but Facebook is far from the only answer and honestly should be the last option if the permissions are an issue.
    Seems like a lot of people are not like the permissions at all and being forced to use a separate app to message friends
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Facebook messenger app

    I am not sure alot of people are being forced to use other messenger apps unless the permissions are scary to them. Like drug dealers, I knew several that were using Facebook messenger for that here in Michigan where medical marijuana is now at the state level legal. But since it is suspected that the federal NSA is the reason behind the new required permissions it is being avoided.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Facebook messenger app

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    I am not sure alot of people are being forced to use other messenger apps unless the permissions are scary to them. Like drug dealers, I knew several that were using Facebook messenger for that here in Michigan where medical marijuana is now at the state level legal. But since it is suspected that the federal NSA is the reason behind the new required permissions it is being avoided.
    Wow that's crazy! I've never heard about that:o

Similar Threads

  1. Downloading free apps from Amazon Store
    By George H Martin in forum Amazon Fire Phone
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 08:35 PM
  2. Any way to tell which app using battery on Gear 2
    By prubin in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 Neo
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-19-2014, 06:32 PM
  3. Hi, my first app has been released!
    By MertensMobile in forum Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-18-2014, 05:15 PM
  4. How to change the font on HTC One using iFont app
    By BRATO92 in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2014, 12:27 PM
  5. Note 3 Security App
    By lyingfromyou in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2014, 09:38 AM

Posting Permissions