Wifi turning on automatically - Help!

roccom33

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I was having a problem recently where the play store was opening automatically to certain apps when unlocking my device. I let it go for a bit not too concerned, but then yesterday I noticed my WiFi was on when I woke up so I turned it off. I never turn my WiFi on because I have an unlimited data plan and it is faster than my WiFi. I chalked it up to user error though and later after getting ready for work I noticed it was back on again so that's when I got concerned. Lookout hadn't produced any culprits so I gave AVG a shot and it identified an app as malware so I removed it. The Play Store nonsense has stopped but I'm still having trouble with the WiFi turning on automatically so I'm concerned about what it is and what it could possibly be doing. Any help is appreciated.

I'm going on a deleting spree right now getting rid of apps I no longer use. Sadly I doubt it will help.

roccom33

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
If I remember correctly it was just a setting in the "T-Mobile My Account" app which was odd because I never turned it on and the app was newly installed as it's bloatware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781