Major Bug in Mobile Operating Systems

tushki6391

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
In today's world, every person has its own phone. According to a survey more then 50% of world's population is using a smart phone which contains latest Technologies and features. But is your Smart phone smart enough ? Being smart is not the only thing, if it cannot provide security and prevent it from getting steal. Many of you have might have lost your mobile phone, when some unidentified person steals it from your pocket, workplace, home, station etc. I too had a similar experience recently. The thief, as soon as it theft the mobile, switched off my mobile, which made it foolproof from any GPS tracking, High Volume Ring alerts etc. I wonder why mobile developers haven't though of this before, I think Mobile OS should give a feature of Authorized Mobile Switch off which enable a user to enter some Pin Code to switch off the mobile.

In modern phones you can provide many security features such as Pin Locks, Pattern locks, Finger print scan etc. which prevents all unauthorized access, but if the mobile is stolen, then a thief can easily long press the Power button and switch off your mobile, and after that he can swap all mobile memory and the mobile becomes a new device again without any traces of old data. Though Authorized Mobile Switch off will not be possible in old generation phones in which battery can be removed by opening back cover, but in new generation phones, which contains Non removable back cover, this functionality/feature of Authorized Mobile Switch off can be implemented.

I know this idea seems to be a raw idea but it can be surely implemented. I would request all mobile developers/users/fans out there to take this idea and share it as much as possible so it can reach the concerned Mobile companies one day and who knows those companies might one day launch a device with this feature as their Flagship phone.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Cerberus protection embeds itself as a system app, so as long as you don't flash a new ROM, it can survive a factory reset as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463