Lollipop and Airwatch MDM

del_the_funk66

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing poor battery life on the Galaxy S6 with the Airwatch inbox installed? My company is currently not on the most current version of Airwatch and I'm being told my only option is to install the inbox on my phone. In reading reviews of the app, it looks like people are reporting slowness and really poor battery life. Is this the case for anyone else?

Axnozum

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I've installed the recent update to 5.2, but still problems...
When I enroll the S6, everything looks to be going a lot better than before, but when I open the native email app it will try to connect my email account and end up with the error "Unable to upgrade account".

coco savage

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
OK. Hopefully someone can help.

I recently got a nexus 6 and my company uses airwatch....problem is since the nexus doesn't have a default email app that airwatch deems can support exchange (the nexus now is using gmail for all email) ...it asks me to install touchdown. But that costs $20. Is there a way to get a default email on the nexus 6 that airwatch can communicate with? Or am i really stuck spending 20 bucks on touchdown?

My old phone LG G3, had a default email app and airwatch set up company email with no issues.

Any help would be great!

ctyd27

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you're still having this problem, but there is an "Airwatch Inbox" app that should work instead of touchdown.

RichWagner1972

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I've installed the recent update to 5.2, but still problems...
When I enroll the S6, everything looks to be going a lot better than before, but when I open the native email app it will try to connect my email account and end up with the error "Unable to upgrade account".

Axnozum I am having the exact same issue. Can you tell me if you ever figure it out?

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Went through several people and finally got a resolution on the matter. It was actually all caused by one setting not being checjed, and that is Settings>Security>Screen Lock>Pin>Require pin to start device. As soon as that was enabled, Airwatch rexognized the phone as compliant and all troubles were behind me.

There are certainly some reported issues with Lollipop out there, but I have yet to experience any on my Moto X. So far, its my favorite release of Android by far. One thing I can definitely credit Lollipop with is longevity of battery - the performance is so much better than it was on KitKat.

Thanks a lot. This solution really worked!