Non-Gmail for Android

ne_stew

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Just bought a 2015 Moto E, plan on Cynamodgen soon... Are there any pointers or ways to easily use Android without Gmail? I've seen CM advertized to run Android without the Google account. Lots out there on the subject on the net. However, I'll be on Lollipop initially and was wondering the easiest way to transition until I have CM running. How could I use an alternate eMail provider, TorGuard, Yahoo, etc. with Android? What/who would you recommend?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You could use your internet provider's email if you have an internet provider. Many people use Yahoo or hotmail. There's no reason to not use a gmail account even though you don't have a Google account on the phone.

ne_stew

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
You could use your internet provider's email if you have an internet provider. Many people use Yahoo or hotmail. There's no reason to not use a gmail account even though you don't have a Google account on the phone.
Yes, I'm well aware of other providers. "no reason"? I differ, take a look on the web or just search on "Liberate Your Device" for Android.
I didn't see how the store setup the phone, so your saying Lollipop gives you a choice to use Google's eMail or not when setting up? Please point me in the right direction for setting up Lollipop without Google/Gmail account.

TIA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital