Stolen Note 5

metall0099

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Hey Everybody,

I'm new to android and had a question. I wanted to know how to secure my Note 5 in the event someone stole it. Can it be hacked? Should I root or not? Is there software that can work it's way in by hardwiring into it? I want to take all precautions that I can to keep my Note 5 and data secured.

Thanks,
Metall

metall0099

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
That's it? I heard there can be back doors. Is there anything else that I should do or is it secure enough like that...there is a lot of personal information on my device.

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Encryption and lock screen should keep your personal information safe

Posted via the Android Central App

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Go into lock screen and security / other settings and security. ..it will be the first thing on the list

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you remember the encryption password you set up. After encryption. ..if you reboot your device it will ask your for it

madyjain

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
For security purpose , You must try antivirus in your android device.
You can try antivirus which have antitheft feature .In antitheft feature you can lock your device , track device location , Sim card protection , Trigger alarm when your device in silent mode .
I am also searching antivirus with best feature to secure my device from unauthorized person.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
For security purpose , You must try antivirus in your android device.
You can try antivirus which have antitheft feature .In antitheft feature you can lock your device , track device location , Sim card protection , Trigger alarm when your device in silent mode .
I am also searching antivirus with best feature to secure my device from unauthorized person.

I use Lookout Mobile Security. Premium Features are $2.99/mo and for me, worth it.

https://www.lookout.com/

They have been getting my money for a LONG time and I have never had any issues. It has a full feature set of security, theft protection and remote access features.

I know there are a lot of FREE options, and I have tried many, but in all my trials and searching, paying for Lookout has been the best of everything. The low cost per month is more than worth the peace of mind I have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7