Unused device showing as accessing account

NX1977

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I had to log back in on my computer and drive as they'd somehow become logged out.
After reviewing my account devices it's seems my account is reporting an unused device (previous Android mobile) is syncing with my account.

I have revoked trusted devices, and changed my password but it's still showing as connecting.

Strangely my current mobile and other devices haven't yet told me my password is out of date and needs to be re-entered which is rather worrying.

There's no option to remove or revoke this device.

How can I force all devices to have to log back in with the new password to ensure security of my account?

How can I remove/block this rogue device?

Why has a change in password not kicked all devices and apps from my account?

I have 2 step verification switched on for my account, and the rogue device was previously connected after confirming a 2step app generated time based code.

NX1977

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Do you have the "unused" device or know where it is?

Yes, battery is flat in a drawer which is why I'm concerned as to why my account is showing it as connecting to my account.

Also after logging back into my laptop, having already updated the password change I am again advised by Chrome my details are out of date again.

So is Google recognising my new mobile as the old one on one of the Google services, or has my account been compromised. If the latter how has a password change, revoking trusted devices or 2 step verification not stopped my old device appearing to be connecting to my account?

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I suggest signing out all other sessions which will log out all devices; then change your account password.

NX1977

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Where's that option?

I've again revoked trusted devices, apps and every other option and no connection for 12 hours.

But then I thought I'd sorted this before and still it showed connecting.

As I say, I'm amazed there isn't a button to revoke a device from the security pages for every device listed. It would only let me kick my new mobile, not any of the other connected devices including computers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol