Outlook for Android - How to Secure it?

MOSOSITSD

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
Hello! This is my first post - I did not find an obvious "rules" forum so if any of this violates the forum expectations here please let me know, and I'll fix it! Or if this should be in a different forum/sub-forum please move it, or delete and let me know where to post it to next time. :]

So here's my situation:

We are looking for non-enterprise solutions for ways to secure Outlook on Android OS.

We have a VIP end-user who would like to incorporate his Outlook email and calendars on his Android phone (model and OS version currently unknown). However, we do not have an MDM/BYOD/COD policy or solution in place at this time, nor are we planning to implement one. This is a special case for one VIP. Therefore typical paid enterprise solutions are not likely the right thing here.

What we are concerned about is of course data loss/unauthorized access.

We understand that the Android OS allows for PIN lock, and device encryption, but is there a way to ensure that if the device were somehow "rooted" there would still be no way to access the Outlook data files on this user's phone? Any information on this topic would be appreciated. Thanks

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
It is EAS, so it is easily workable for rules from guess what desktop software, Outlook 2016. If you go into Security on the android device guess what you can also do if device is lost or stolen, wipe it, lock it and locate it thru microsoft's website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12