Searched everywhere for this -- Device not found

EpicMelody

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Captivate and am trying to sideload apks. I download the SWM and put my phone in debugging mode. When I select the apk and click install, it says starting daemon... error:device not found. My computer is a Windows Xp laptop. Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung Captivate and am trying to sideload apks. I download the SWM and put my phone in debugging mode. When I select the apk and click install, it says starting daemon... error:device not found. My computer is a Windows Xp laptop. Thanks.
did you install the drivers?

EpicMelody

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
?I see that as a popular response to questions similar to this. But what exactly does that mean? Bear with me, I'm new to this. I've had my Captivate for 2 years and have never really experimented much.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

EpicMelody

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Installed and restart the computer, when I turned it on, the computer recognized and my Samsung Android for the first time and I went through the installation of the .zip files there. However, when I tried to use the SWM, I got the same device not found error.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Installed and restart the computer, when I turned it on, the computer recognized and my Samsung Android for the first time and I went through the installation of the .zip files there. However, when I tried to use the SWM, I got the same device not found error.

when you plug in the phone are you sliding the notification bar down and mounting it or are you simply plugging it in and running the program?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
For anyone reading this thread with a similar problem , it seems he either had a bad cable or bad port on the phone, by pressing the cable in as he ran sideload wonder machine it was able to load.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital