Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Razer Getting into Android TV

This is the first OEM product I've seen info for. It sounds like Android TV is going to appear both in set top boxes and as native software on TVs sold either later this year or starting next year.

Razer's gaming focused 'micro-console' is powered by Android TV, launching this fall Razer's gaming focused 'micro-console' is powered by Android TV, launching this fall | Android Central

Would you prefer software on your TV or a separate box?

Nexus through spacetime.

Global Posts
    19,817 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Razer Getting into Android TV

I think I would rather the software be in the TV. However, as I recently purchased a new set, I might have to settle for the separate box.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    6,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I think I would rather the software be in the TV. However, as I recently purchased a new set, I might have to settle for the separate box.
    I think I like the separate box idea better because of the ability to easily transfer it between tv's etc and you can choose the exact TV(s) that you want to go with it. I guess it depends a little on the ubiquity of the OS on available TV's and how (if at all) it impacts selection pricing.

Global Posts
    19,817 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Spock View Post
    I think I like the separate box idea better because of the ability to easily transfer it between tv's etc and you can choose the exact TV(s) that you want to go with it. I guess it depends a little on the ubiquity of the OS on available TV's and how (if at all) it impacts selection pricing.
    That is actually a pretty good point. Something to consider for those who are looking for a TV right now.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here