Google Now - Region settings?

nayr182

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

So I just bought a 55" Sony X930D Android TV, and I am having some troubles getting Google Now to function correctly.

I live in Australia, all of my TV settings are set up for Australia, and my google account is set up for Australia. However if I use Google Now to ask something like "What is the temperature in Sydney?", it gives its answer in Fahrenheit not Celsius.

I cant seem to find any settings that allow me to change this. Does anyone know if there is an easy fix?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Tap the 3 vertical dot menu button at the upper right of the weather card, then "Change temperature units to C." I think Google Now will remember this selection in the future.

nayr182

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a 3 vertical dot menu button at the upper right of the weather card.

IMG_2029.JPG

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not familiar with how these kinds of Android TVs work, but are you actually logged into your Google account through the TV? If so, try doing what I suggested on your phone. After changing the preference there from F to C, see if the TV also changes.