Can't update my SU Binary?

Taplamp

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
So I rooted my phone using the SuperOneClick method, and got my superuser app and everything but when I try to run Barnacle Wifi Tether, Superuser never prompts, and Barnacle complains that I haven't rooted my phone.

So I go into the preferences of Superuser snooping around to see whats wrong, and I come across (under the general tab) Su binary vnull. I tap it to check for updates and it goes like this:

Working...
Downloading manifest... okay!
Parsing manifest... okay!
Latest version = 3.0.3
Checking installed version = legacy

So it says at the top new version of su binary found.
Update now?

I tap update and this happens:

Working...
Fixing database... okay!
Checking for busybox... okay!
Checking current install path... /system/bin/su
Downloading new binary... okay!
Checking md5sum... fail!

I can keep tapping try again over and over but it never really gets past that step sooo, I'm stuck. I was hoping someone could help me out? If you can't, thanks for reading. If you can, I'd appreciate it very much! I live out in the middle of nowhere with no such thing as internet (other than what I can hardwire tether) and all I want to do is connect my Wii to the wifi on my phone.

donzo86

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Well... it seems to be i have located the problem to this md5sum error... the problem occurred during rooting.... i do believe that the
open source code or drivers for the t679 cannot be located or downloaded at Samsung so we used the t579 exhibit 1 drivers
to root our devices... until the system recognizes that the drivers were in fact ex2 4g drivers i don't believe it will update the binary
for SU..... what a pitful shame.... someone help us people on a budget please it would be most appreciated.... also i of course like everyone
else would like to see cm7 or 9 ported or made available if possible... i think there's a dev that is working on it so best of luck to the
dev team for all their hard work and effort.... :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay