Leaving your phone home when going for a run

mertzi

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I watched the presentation videos and some android dev videos and read a few articles but no info about this.
I know Android Wear is not mainly targeted for sports but that would be the only reason for me getting a gear device to track my running instead of having my phone with me. But I haven't found any info about GPS and offline usage.

jyemenai

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You would still need your phone with you. The Wear device gets everything from the phone (possibly tablet) it's connected with.

anabolina

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I agree that it would be nice mertzi. I have a note 3 which I love, but it's big for exercising. This actually has me considering the gear 2 neo for the on board mp3 player. Everything I've read says Android wear devices are supposed to get everything from the phone :(

j j6

May 29, 2014
Visit site
That's a bugger. Like any good wannabee, I hoped android wear would be a great way for a smart watch idea of my own to get going (the software is the part I'm most unfamiliar with, and it takes a while to make your own os, I believe). Though I still think tactile controls and even a black and white screen are necessary. Doesn't help that the watch becomes a dud once removed from bluetooth.

Posted via Android Central App