Best LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live Screen Protector

TizenGears

May 6, 2014
Visit site

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
JFC. Screen protector? I've been wearing a Rolex daily for the past 16 years, and not once have I ever even thought to put a screen protector on it. It's still in pristine condition.

Live a little, people.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
JFC. Screen protector? I've been wearing a Rolex daily for the past 16 years, and not once have I ever even thought to put a screen protector on it. It's still in pristine condition.

Live a little, people.

Somehow I doubt the materials, fit & finish, and build quality of a Rolex will be matched by that of a $200-300 SmartWatch. :) Hehe.

I already have a new watch band and screen protectors on the way for my pre-ordered G Watch.

My original pebble has enough scratches and scuffs to warrant the use of a screen protector for me... Perhaps I'm just the clumsy one tho ;) LOL.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the screen. Original Pebble was horrible. Pebble steel is not bad at all.
Same with watches, I'd imagine the crystal on a Rolex to be better than a timex.

prodigal27

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe because it's a Rolex? All of the watches I own are under $350 and the faces eventually get scratched. I wear them all day at work and it's just inevitable. For a few bucks, having a plastic film over my screen is worth it.

There's also a huge difference in that you can replace a traditional watch face for pretty cheap. We have no idea what manuf's will charge us to replace the face on our smart watches.

nyijedi

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm also debating whether I should get a screen protector for my G watch. My original Pebble needed one, but as already pointed out, that screen was plastic and not Gorilla Glass. I definitely tend to bang my watch on things every now and then over the course of the day. I wonder how well the Gorilla Glass on the G watch will hold up.