Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Best LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live Screen Protector

Although I have a Gear 2, I'm planning to buy a Samsung Gear Live or LG G smartwatch, what do you think is the best screen protector for either of the watch? I found a link for both best screen protector for smartwatch from this website:

Best Durable LG G smartwatch Screen Protector | SmartWatch Apps
    and
    Best Samsung Gear Live Screen Protector/Guard

But i wonder if what is the best manufacturer Skinomi? iLlumishield? any suggestions?

Global Posts
    17,319 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Best LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live Screen Protector

I like the idea that the Skinomi is self healing.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

JFC. Screen protector? I've been wearing a Rolex daily for the past 16 years, and not once have I ever even thought to put a screen protector on it. It's still in pristine condition.

Live a little, people.

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    JFC. Screen protector? I've been wearing a Rolex daily for the past 16 years, and not once have I ever even thought to put a screen protector on it. It's still in pristine condition.

Live a little, people.
    Somehow I doubt the materials, fit & finish, and build quality of a Rolex will be matched by that of a $200-300 SmartWatch. Hehe.

I already have a new watch band and screen protectors on the way for my pre-ordered G Watch.

My original pebble has enough scratches and scuffs to warrant the use of a screen protector for me... Perhaps I'm just the clumsy one tho LOL.

Depends on the screen. Original Pebble was horrible. Pebble steel is not bad at all.
    Same with watches, I'd imagine the crystal on a Rolex to be better than a timex.
    Welcome to the Sprint Dial up Network!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yes I think your right the Rolex smartwatch glass alone cost 10 times more than the cost of the smartwatch

Maybe because it's a Rolex? All of the watches I own are under $350 and the faces eventually get scratched. I wear them all day at work and it's just inevitable. For a few bucks, having a plastic film over my screen is worth it.

There's also a huge difference in that you can replace a traditional watch face for pretty cheap. We have no idea what manuf's will charge us to replace the face on our smart watches.

I'm also debating whether I should get a screen protector for my G watch. My original Pebble needed one, but as already pointed out, that screen was plastic and not Gorilla Glass. I definitely tend to bang my watch on things every now and then over the course of the day. I wonder how well the Gorilla Glass on the G watch will hold up.