Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default heart rate only on samsung?

so out of the 3 devices we've seen, the samsung is the only one with the heart rate monitor?
    apart from that, the samsung and the lg appear to be pretty much identical apart from a few styling differences?

Default Re: heart rate only on samsung?

Quote Originally Posted by chenks View Post
    so out of the 3 devices we've seen, the samsung is the only one with the heart rate monitor?
    apart from that, the samsung and the lg appear to be pretty much identical apart from a few styling differences?
    The Samsung Live is essentially a Gear 2 without the camera and home button and a different OS. So, it makes sense why it has a heart rate monitor... Samsung already had the hardware to do it.

I don't know a lot of the technical specs of the Moto 360 yet, so I'll leave that out of this comparison. Between the Samsung Live and the LG G Watch, they use different screen configurations. LG using an IPS screen while Samsung opted for a AMOLED display. Also, the LG is listed at having a 400 mAh battery, the Samsung uses a 300 mAh. In other words, it's quite likely that the LG will last longer on a charge than the Samsung. Of course, that's just from looking at the specs... We'll see when we get our hands on them .