android wear apps

Braylin Jones

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
does anyone know of any other apps that are going to work with android wear besides the ones that were announced? i mainly only need one to control google music and its there and i also need an app to control podcasts.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
The Android Wear site does list the following as a on-watch feature:

Music control

Just say “Ok Google play some music” to start listening from your phone, and pause, play, and skip tracks on your*watch.

One can only imagine that Google Music would be the default music player in this scenario.

As far as podcast players, not sure on that. However, some like pocket casts, beyond pod and Doggcatcher have been good on adding functionality like ChromeCast support so I'm guessing they'll be looking at Android Wear support as well.

Beedog1221

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
The Android Wear site does list the following as a on-watch feature:

One can only imagine that Google Music would be the default music player in this scenario.

As far as podcast players, not sure on that. However, some like pocket casts, beyond pod and Doggcatcher have been good on adding functionality like ChromeCast support so I'm guessing they'll be looking at Android Wear support as well.
Great I'll have to switch. I use podcast addict and they aren't exactly proactive about adding features. So I doubt they'll be there. I think they just recently added chromecast support

TizenGears

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I found a site with articles about Android Wear apps, so far they added every now and then about new apps available for Android Wear,the O.S is still new that's why there are just few apps available.

Website for AndroidWear Apps
Android Wear Apps :)

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Couple more....

- Trello (project managing app)
- Evernote
- Duolingo
- Runtastic
- Glympse

All Android Wear compatible now.

SmartwatchFan

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I'm wondering about this as well. Did Whatsapp miss the this trend? Why is there no official Android Wear support for it so far? No one tells me that people at google don't know that nearly 100% of Smartphone users use whatsapp. I don't know anyone expect one university professor that uses Hangout xD

Greetings SmartwatchFan

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm reasonably sure WhatsApp is aware the Android Wear train is coming... I've been hearing rumors that some apps are being held until the 7th. Like I said tho, these are just rumors... We shall see.

I received a notification that my LG G Watch has shipped yesterday, but due to the fourth of July holiday, I doubt I'll see it before the 7th. Not sure, but I think the I/O'ers are still the only ones that have them.

Beedog1221

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm reasonably sure WhatsApp is aware the Android Wear train is coming... I've been hearing rumors that some apps are being held until the 7th. Like I said tho, these are just rumors... We shall see.

I received a notification that my LG G Watch has shipped yesterday, but due to the fourth of July holiday, I doubt I'll see it before the 7th. Not sure, but I think the I/O'ers are still the only ones that have them.
Lucky! I ordered the Samsung watch and haven't gotten anything yet

SmartwatchFan

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
In Germany the Samsung Gear Live is listed to be shipped on the 8th. They probably started producing later or something like that.

Got my shipping confirmation as well. Estimated delivery is set for the 8th of July. That means Tuesday. And it's because there are no Google warehouses in Germany.

Greetings SmartwatchFan

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about Android Wear but with the Galaxy Gear and Gear 2, you can set it up to get a notification for just about any app on your phone, Whatsapp included. Maybe this will be a feature at least if there is no official app for it.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

SmartwatchFan

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure that any notification will reach the watch like breaking news from any news app or even Whatsapp messages.

But what I'm talking about is full Wear support from the App itself to answer Messages with voice commands and all sorf of things. Cause this is only possible for hangouts, gmail and some other wear supporting Apps.

Unless Whatsapp implements this, you won't be able to reply from your watch

Greetings SmartwatchFan

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure that any notification will reach the watch like breaking news from any news app or even Whatsapp messages.

But what I'm talking about is full Wear support from the App itself to answer Messages with voice commands and all sorf of things. Cause this is only possible for hangouts, gmail and some other wear supporting Apps.

Unless Whatsapp implements this, you won't be able to reply from your watch

Greetings SmartwatchFan

Fair enough. It's a popular texting app and Android Wear is trending fast. I'm sure there will be full support for it soon.

Posted via Android Central App

Podcast_Addict

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
@Beedog1221 Thanks for using the app, but I don't understand why you're saying I'm not proactive to add new features. The app has received weekly updates for the past 3 years with enhancement and new features. For example Podcast Addict was the second podcast app to add Chromecast support on the Play Store (1st one was Beyondpod which got whitelisted by google early on).
Regarding the android wear support it will be added as soon as I receive my watch to finalize the tests on a real device ;)