Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Are you planning to replace the strap on Samsung Gear Live or LG G smartwatch? if you already have your Android Wear smartwatch and already replaced the strap with another strap please shows us some... what is the best strap for LG G and Samsung Gear Live?
    LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement-lg-g-watch-strap.jpg

    Found this site with screen protectors and an article about Strap Replacement for Gear 2 Best LG G smartwatch Strap (replacement) Steel and Leather | SmartWatch Apps
  2. #2  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    i'm probably going to just swap mine out with the gear 2 strap. it's nothing great, but it holds securely, which is the best thing i can hope for these days
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

    twitter.com/indianajonze
  3. #3  
    mogelijk's Avatar

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Does the Samsung Gear Live have a replaceable strap? I keep seeing conflicting information on it but, looking at the watch, it doesn't look like it is replaceable.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    Does the Samsung Gear Live have a replaceable strap? I keep seeing conflicting information on it but, looking at the watch, it doesn't look like it is replaceable.
    yes 100% replaceable. standard 22mm size strap
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

    twitter.com/indianajonze
  5. #5  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    I prefer metal watch bands, so have simply already ordered one from eBay .
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Lg stock strap is good
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  
    mogelijk's Avatar

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post
    yes 100% replaceable. standard 22mm size strap
    Do you have a source for this?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Yes I agree with you the design of the Gear Live looks like its not replaceable but Samsung say it is replaceable, But i think it will not look good with other strap, thats why Im going for LG G
    Last edited by TizenGears; 07-02-2014 at 09:28 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
  9. #9  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    Do you have a source for this?
    Looks like the same quick release springs as the Gear 2 Neo. Here's a video showing it briefly on the Gear Live.

  10. #10  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    Do you have a source for this?
    i'm the souce. trust me ...
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

    twitter.com/indianajonze
  11. #11  
    GeekMoxie's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Hmmm...

    According to TechCrunch's review they say: "You’re less able to add your own personal flair to the Gear Live, too – it uses a proprietary band connector meaning aftermarket options aren’t nearly as readily available."

    This of course, leaves me more in the dark. I'm guessing this means we can't just use any 22mm watch band like the LG version can? Anyone have the Gear Live in hand that can share for certain?

    I'm leaning toward the Gear Live as the curve of the back looks to be a better fit on my petite wrist (15cm around) - but would like the option to add a more feminine band.

    Equal Opportunity Gadget Lover
    Huggin' it out with my Moto X, iPad Air & Macbook Pro
  12. #12  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekMoxie View Post
    Hmmm...

    According to TechCrunch's review they say: "You’re less able to add your own personal flair to the Gear Live, too – it uses a proprietary band connector meaning aftermarket options aren’t nearly as readily available."

    This of course, leaves me more in the dark. I'm guessing this means we can't just use any 22mm watch band like the LG version can? Anyone have the Gear Live in hand that can share for certain?

    I'm leaning toward the Gear Live as the curve of the back looks to be a better fit on my petite wrist (15cm around) - but would like the option to add a more feminine band.
    that report is wrong. well i guess it's not wrong in that the strap that comes with the gear live (and the gear 2/gear 2 neo) has a different type of connector ON THAT BAND ITSELF. remove it, and any standard 22mm band with a standard connector will work just fine on the gear live. so that review blurb is certainly misleading (leaning towards being flat out wrong). i'll say it once more. you can use any 22mm watch band with this. hell, you could use the LG band if you wanted to...
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

    twitter.com/indianajonze
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  
    GeekMoxie's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post
    that report is wrong. well i guess it's not wrong in that the strap that comes with the gear live (and the gear 2/gear 2 neo) has a different type of connector ON THAT BAND ITSELF. remove it, and any standard 22mm band with a standard connector will work just fine on the gear live. so that review blurb is certainly misleading (leaning towards being flat out wrong). i'll say it once more. you can use any 22mm watch band with this. hell, you could use the LG band if you wanted to...
    Thank you for the clarification!

    Now to just decide which watch to actually get. I can't seem to decide what direction to go in. Hoping they get them in stores so I can try them both on and decide.

    Equal Opportunity Gadget Lover
    Huggin' it out with my Moto X, iPad Air & Macbook Pro
  14. #14  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement



    Check out Android Central Podcast 192. At arround 4:00 minutes they talk about the Samstung Gear Live strap and that it's replaceable
  15. #15  
    jschu22's Avatar

    Posts
    430 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Gear Live strap is replaceable and can accept the Gear 2 strap but the lines of the watch won't blend into the strap as well. Gear Live band is wider at the point of contact than a Gear 2 one. It will certainly attach just fine though.

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. #16  
    idle0095's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    That band in the video looks like my stainless steel one but mine dont fit on the LG G Watch. It just fit on my Gear 2.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    It is replaceable but I don't like the way it looks because of the shape of the Live watch and the stock strap stinks. I went with the LG, swapped out the band and the watch looks even better than before.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Swapped out my Gear Live with a chrono I have. The stock strap is pretty crap IMO.

    LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement-ou5cvuh.jpg
    LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement-tup4tm5.jpg
  19. #19  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    LG G Watch with a swapped black stainless steel band...

    Thanked by:
  20. #20  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Nice
  21. #21  
    jschu22's Avatar

    Posts
    430 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Has anyone ever come across a 22mm band with a clasp similar to the current Samsung Gear 2? The G Watch is too modern to me to be fastened in such a common way with a buckle.

    Posted via Android Central App
  22. #22  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Here is the Gear Live with a silver metal band. While it doesn't line up great because of the Gear Live's special band, it's not horrendous either.

    LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement-imag0204.jpg
    Thanked by:
  23. #23  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by Penguwin View Post
    I prefer metal watch bands, so have simply already ordered one from eBay .
    I agree however I did not like the pebble one the black matte looked nice but scratched too easily. Hoping these medal ones don't
  24. #24  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by bcbbanga4l View Post
    I agree however I did not like the pebble one the black matte looked nice but scratched too easily. Hoping these medal ones don't
    Sadly, the ebay metal ones I have on the pebble and now the G Watch do show some wear over time. Particularly the clasp where it comes in contact with the desk. The G Watch one is new, but I'm sure it will get scratched up eventually.

    Pebble & G Watch bands:
    Thanked by:
  25. #25  

    Default Re: LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by jschu22 View Post
    Has anyone ever come across a 22mm band with a clasp similar to the current Samsung Gear 2? The G Watch is too modern to me to be fastened in such a common way with a buckle.

    Posted via Android Central App
    i'm going to test a gear 2 strap on the live later today. i'll report back
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

    twitter.com/indianajonze
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rooting lg optimus dynamic 2 (lgl39c tracfone), and stock rom.
    By Moshe Barash in forum LG Optimus Series
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-27-2014, 08:12 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-27-2014, 12:37 AM
  3. Cracked LG G2 Need contacts
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 09:09 AM
  4. Samsung Galaxy S5 bought in china and not working in Lesotho
    By Da Les Sekhele in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 06:34 AM

Posting Permissions