Am I returning my new Samsung Gear 2 ???

cprio

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Just bought a Rose Gold Gear 2 and love it!!!! I bought the RG to wear with suits which I do almost everyday. Love the build, display, strap, clasp, etc... its rock solid!!! IMO- Samsung just has more experience in this space... the Gear Live is technically their 3rd gen. They build an incredible product. All that being said, now I feel confused because I love having the Gear 2 with the camera but of course want the AW operating system.

So, am I returning it today knowing all well that Samsung is not going to port AW to the Gear 2 or gamble???

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same thoughts about returning my Gear 2 Neo. I too like the build quality and I also like the 3-4 day battery life. My big concern about the Gear Live is the always on display and the 1 day battery life. I don't want to have to charge it every freaking day.

I am torn on what to do.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Just thought I'd mention for the Gear 2 people that the Live lacks a camera or speaker, but you gain Android Wear. None the less, I understand your dilemma and don't envy the decision you are now faced with :( .

prodigal27

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just thought I'd mention for the Gear 2 people that the Live lacks a camera or speaker, but you gain Android Wear. None the less, I understand your dilemma and don't envy the decision you are now faced with :( .

I really wish they would have added a speaker. It just works tremendously well with the Gear series.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Keep the Gear 2 as I am, cuz of ability to make calls, mp3 player, and camera. SVoice is not perfect, but yet I can voice commands to do simple math, set appointments, texting, making calls, taking picts, etc.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

cprio

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I just learned that the Gear Wear does not have a speaker. As hokey as the feature may sound I have used it and its great!!! I also love the camera and IR... again hokey but all functional. Heart Rate monitor not so much. All that being said, it smells like Tizen and it's apps may all go away leaving me with a $300 loss sooner rather than later.

Would anybody here go out and buy a Gear2/Neo today????

cprio

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I also think you may be able to turn off the "always on" display setting further extending the battery life? Can anybody confirm this???

Last edited:

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If you have a Samsung and will have one for the foreseeable future, I'd make a case for keeping the Gear 2. And I just bought both the Gear Live AND G Watch! Both AW watches are actually quite limited compared the the Gear 2, with Google Now being its only significant selling point.

That doesn't mean I don't like both of these new watches. They are great and I also have an M8, which means I can use the same watch with any Android and that's key to me.

Posted via Android Central App