Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Slide down to mute, but no speakers?

Was a bit disappointed LG, Samsung, and Moto decided to not add a speaker. They spent a good minute on the slide to mute function during IO, but none of the three watches have a speaker. One thing I love about the Gear devices is the speaker for both notifications and short phone calls.

The mute function isn't for sound. The mute function stops the watch from popping up notifications on screen.

Default Re: Slide down to mute, but no speakers?

Hello Guys,

I thought the mute fuction using a swipe down is stopping the watch from vibrating and not from getting notifications

Greetings SmartwatchFan

So, the notifications will be only on screen without any sounds ?? 😕

Quote Originally Posted by Melchio85 View Post
    So, the notifications will be only on screen without any sounds ?? 😕

The swipe down engages a do not disturb mode. So you can still wear the watch without worrying about every notification coming in.

But will it be possible to turn off Vibration and still get notifications? Im not a big fan of vibrations. I never use them on my phone.

Greetings SmartwatchFan

Quote Originally Posted by SmartwatchFan View Post
    But will it be possible to turn off Vibration and still get notifications? Im not a big fan of vibrations. I never use them on my phone.

Greetings SmartwatchFan
    Force feedback on smart watch is the perfect choice if there is no speaker

Of course but I have my arm always on front of me and I'm sure when the display goes bright that I will notice an incoming notification (The display is going to be bright right? )

Greetings SmartwatchFan

Don't think it's so natural to see a notification on a watch during the day. In most of your time you're doing something and your eyes and mind are committed.
    For example when i play on pc i usually drop the phone near the keyboard.. And many times i lost a lot of notifications

I'm not sure if the option to turn off vibrations will be there, that one I will have to wait and see (unless there is an I/O person in this forum?).

I have heard that both the Samsung live and LG have issues with readability in direct sunlight. So, how "bright" the screen is may depend on where the watch is being used. I can't say I'm surprised on this one (considering the screen tech being used). Many previous smartwatches had this issue as well (I.e. Sony MN2, etc.).