How are multiple devices handled?

logicalform

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have an Android phone.
I plan to buy a Moto 360.
I also plan to install an Android Auto head unit.
What happens when I'm in my car and say "OK Google"? Are they smart enough to figure out not to all activate at the same time and to defer to the most important (such as the head unit, while driving)?
I began thinking about this after a YouTube video where someone says "OK Google" started activating my Google search (after enabling "OK Google Everywhere") and I began wondering why the phone didn't realize that the command was coming from a video (not that that's the relevant issue...)

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If it helps, I haven't yet had both the phone and watch respond to my "OK google" command.

The more I think about it, the more I think its probably a non issue. Is the car application of Android going to be an extension of your phone, as Apple and Carplay is? If so, then only one will react and that would likely be the car radio if you have it active.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Both my Gear Live and my Moto X respond to the Ok Google command simultaneously if within ear shot.

Posted via Android Central App

You'd think that they would've set something up so that if they were paired only one would activate.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo