How are multiple devices handled?
I have an Android phone.
I plan to buy a Moto 360.
I also plan to install an Android Auto head unit.
What happens when I'm in my car and say "OK Google"? Are they smart enough to figure out not to all activate at the same time and to defer to the most important (such as the head unit, while driving)?
I began thinking about this after a YouTube video where someone says "OK Google" started activating my Google search (after enabling "OK Google Everywhere") and I began wondering why the phone didn't realize that the command was coming from a video (not that that's the relevant issue...)
- 07-09-2014, 08:12 PM #2
- 07-10-2014, 12:56 AM #3
Re: How are multiple devices handled?
If it helps, I haven't yet had both the phone and watch respond to my "OK google" command.
The more I think about it, the more I think its probably a non issue. Is the car application of Android going to be an extension of your phone, as Apple and Carplay is? If so, then only one will react and that would likely be the car radio if you have it active.
Posted via Android Central App
- 08-15-2014, 08:22 PM #4
- 08-19-2014, 06:31 PM #5
- 08-19-2014, 06:38 PM #6
- 08-25-2014, 06:41 AM #7
- By Timelessblur in forum PoliticsReplies: 21Last Post: 11-02-2014, 09:25 PM
- By AnimalMotherASF in forum HTC One M8Replies: 14Last Post: 07-12-2014, 12:06 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2014, 06:14 PM
- By mcefalu in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 07-09-2014, 04:56 PM
- By AC Question in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2014, 04:32 PM