Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Quick questions tread

I think we can write here fast and simple question instead to open tons of tread.

So... How can i make the wheater card from Google now whether always on minimize in my screen, like the foot counter?
    I saw in screenshot and i want too
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Quick questions tread

Like this photo i mean

Ahh... You simply have to have the weather card be the top most card for it to display like that... At least that's the only way I know how to do it.

Of course, this means you would have to dismiss the steps counter or any other notifications you have and keep the weather one.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

All right, got it
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Penguwin View Post
    Ahh... You simply have to have the weather card be the top most card for it to display like that... At least that's the only way I know how to do it.

Of course, this means you would have to dismiss the steps counter or any other notifications you have and keep the weather one.
    I deleted it... How to reactivate?

i want to know how to get notifications for all of my gmail, not just what comes to the primary inbox. not getting anything at all from social, promotions, updates or forums...
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

twitter.com/indianajonze

Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post
    i want to know how to get notifications for all of my gmail, not just what comes to the primary inbox. not getting anything at all from social, promotions, updates or forums...
    This should help you:

Set alerts for Gmail categories on Android - CNET
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by jasonaward View Post
    yep that did it. thanks!
    Nexus 5!

twitter.com/indianajonze

ok here's another question (great thread btw). when you swipe to dismiss a gmail for example, are you just dismissing the notification? i was under the impression (and thought i had read) that you actually delete the message. doesn't seem to be the case. i swipe to dismiss an unwanted email and it still appears in my gmail box...

maybe this behavior was changed in one of these updates, because i could have sworn ppl were upset about having emails deleted when inadvertently dismissing them from the watch

EDIT: and another question. is there any way to initiate a hangouts message? sms is easy, "send text to..." but i dont see anyway to send a hangout message
    Last edited by indianajonze; 07-10-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    Nexus 5!

twitter.com/indianajonze

Quote Originally Posted by Melchio85 View Post
    I deleted it... How to reactivate?
    Hmm... Not really sure, other than wait for it to reappear. Voice commands "weather" & "start weather" are a no go and resyncing apps grin the phone didn't with either.

EDIT.... Figured it out ... If you update Google Now on your phone, so that the weather card appears again... it will show up on the watch!
    Last edited by Penguwin; 07-10-2014 at 05:07 PM.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post

EDIT: and another question. is there any way to initiate a hangouts message? sms is easy, "send text to..." but i dont see anyway to send a hangout message
    I think you must have already hangout conversation started so you can answer via Smartwatch

I think you must have already hangout conversation started so you can answer via Smartwatch
    This is the only way I've been able to do it as well.

the problem here is that when the conversation card goes away, you lose all ability to message anyone via hangouts, let alone start a new convo w someone else
    Nexus 5!

twitter.com/indianajonze

You can start a new conversation just by voice, "ok google", "text (whoever)", "hey what's up" , done
    Phone: HTC One (M8)
    Root Method: ....
    Recovery: ....
    Kernel: ....
    Rom: ....

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.2.1

Anyway to change the screen timeout. Sometimes it dims and goes dark before I am done reading texts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Besides swiping away all the cards, is there a way to not have the top card "peek" on the watch face? I just want to see the watch face, then swipe to see my cards. Not sure this is even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by williams448 View Post
    Besides swiping away all the cards, is there a way to not have the top card "peek" on the watch face? I just want to see the watch face, then swipe to see my cards. Not sure this is even possible.
    I haven't seen an option for this. And honestly, not sure I'd like it. It's an easy way to see that you have pending notifications. Without it, there would really be no indicator.

I haven't seen an option for this. And honestly, not sure I'd like it. It's an easy way to see that you have pending notifications. Without it, there would really be no indicator.
    Yes to showing pending notifications, just not regular Google Now cards. Just thinking it would be nice to be able to see the whole Analog watch face without a card peeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Klubhead View Post
    You can start a new conversation just by voice, "ok google", "text (whoever)", "hey what's up" , done
    sms yes, hangout, no...
    Nexus 5!

twitter.com/indianajonze

one of the watch faces has a notification count
    Nexus 5!

twitter.com/indianajonze
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.2.1

How do you turn off the screen while charging? When my gear live is plugged in, it only dims the screen. It turns off when it's not charging.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kgeissler View Post
    How do you turn off the screen while charging? When my gear live is plugged in, it only dims the screen. It turns off when it's not charging.
    My G Watch does the same thing... Hopefully this will be addressed in an update. Doesn't seem to be a way to do it yet. The "dim screen" cover screen motion doesn't work to turn screen off when charging, even if "always on" is turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by williams448 View Post
    There is an option in the Wear app's settings to do this BUT ONLY on the dimmed watch face screen.

Quick questions tread-uploadfromtaptalk1405241600627.jpg

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Quick question from a non-owner: Android has traditionally not been able to connect to more than one bluetooth device at a time. I always use the bluetooth in my truck for hands-free conversation, will I still be able to use this while also connected to a Wear device or is this still an issue in the Android bluetooth stack?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by mlsanders View Post
    Quick question from a non-owner: Android has traditionally not been able to connect to more than one bluetooth device at a time. I always use the bluetooth in my truck for hands-free conversation, will I still be able to use this while also connected to a Wear device or is this still an issue in the Android bluetooth
    Not a problem. I've been able to use my watch while connected to BT in my car, and when connected via BT to my outdoor stereo.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Why sometimes during the standby i still can see the clock in a mid tone and other times goes totally black?