Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Music Controls?

Hey all, is it just me or are the watches (I own the LG G Watch) not able to control Previous, Next, Pause, Play, etc with Google Music? I drive around in my car and often have my phone off to the side and being able to tap a command on my wrist would be huge! Even if I'm on the train and have my phone in my pocket via headphones, being able to "next" it would be amazing.

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    ROM
    Team XRON; Sense or Aosp

Default Re: Google Music Controls?

Mine works fine for Poweramp, Pandora, and amazon music.. I haven't tried google music.

Posted via Android Central App

You would think that Google Music would have the best integration

Posted via Android Central App

Mine (LG G Watch) works with Doggcatcher as well. Swipe for next, previous, etc.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Penguwin View Post
    Mine (LG G Watch) works with Doggcatcher as well. Swipe for next, previous, etc.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/12/yquhegyp.jpg
    Yeah my Google Music shows up on the watch and everything with all the controls like above, they just don't seem to work and I have to swipe on my phone instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nytrocide View Post
    Yeah my Google Music shows up on the watch and everything with all the controls like above, they just don't seem to work and I have to swipe on my phone instead.
    Odd... I'll try Google music later today and see. I know it works with Doggcatcher at least.

EDIT... Just tried it and it works fine on mine (play, pause, next, previous all work). Running a stock Nexus 5 4.4.4 with Play Music v. 5.6.1609P.1258283

Perhaps try rebooting / resyncing watch?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Penguwin View Post
    Odd... I'll try Google music later today and see. I know it works with Doggcatcher at least.

EDIT... Just tried it and it works fine on mine (play, pause, next, previous all work). Running a stock Nexus 5 4.4.4 with Play Music v. 5.6.1609P.1258283

Perhaps try rebooting / resyncing watch?
    Hmm...tried that already. Maybe because I'm running Android L. Anyone else have an N5 with L that can test theirs out for me? Thank you!

I'm running a Nexus 4 with Android L and the controls on my G watch also do not work for google music. Possible Android L bug?

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

I'm running L on my Nexus 5, and the music controls on watch don't do anything either.