Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default How is Android Wear impacting your phone battery life

I am wondering...with all the notifications on your wrist are you using your phone less and getting a better battery life for your phone?

Thanks

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

Default Re: How is Android Wear impacting your phone battery life

for me, it's impacting it in a good way. The phone stays in my pocket more and the screen is used less. I have several bluetooth devices, so bluetooth has been on since day one, the ware app does not seem to consume much battery

Quote Originally Posted by vr002sh View Post
    for me, it's impacting it in a good way. The phone stays in my pocket more and the screen is used less. I have several bluetooth devices, so bluetooth has been on since day one, the ware app does not seem to consume much battery
    Same experience here. Looking at my battery stats for the day (about 16-17 hours since plugged in, G Watch connected the entire time). My screen has used 35% of the battery. Bluetooth has used about 4%, including listening to music over BT for about 20 minutes this afternoon. The Android Wear app isn't even registering. For what it's worth, battery level on the watch is at 45%.

The second screen (Watch) saves a lot of battery life for me. Screen consumption went down from 30% to 10%.

Bluetooth is not even shown in stats so thats a very low consumption even throughout a whole day.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartwatchFan View Post
    The second screen (Watch) saves a lot of battery life for me. Screen consumption went down from 30% to 10%.

Bluetooth is not even shown in stats so thats a very low consumption even throughout a whole day.
    That's good to hear. It would suck if having a smartwatch paired via bluetooth ran down the battery of the phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    433 Global Posts

Bad battery life for me on my OnePlus One. The UID wakelock (for the BT connection between the phone and watch) is at the top of the list in Wakelock detector and killing my otherwise awesome battery life. I have a Moto360.

Quote Originally Posted by Prey521 View Post
    Bad battery life for me on my OnePlus One. The UID wakelock (for the BT connection between the phone and watch) is at the top of the list in Wakelock detector and killing my otherwise awesome battery life. I have a Moto360.
    Same here. I had over 5000 wakelocks with wld.

Posted via the Android Central App

Android wear itself isn't impacting battery life but Bluetooth is impacting negatively as expected.
    D Inc on launch day- Galaxy Nexus on launch day----Dev Edition Moto X better late than never----Love me some Android.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,469 Global Posts

Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G