Does a centralized app store exist for all wearable apps approved by google?

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I see the compatible apps tab in the android wear watch app and there's androidwearapps.org, but then I can type in "wear" on Google play, and then more apps appear. Any easy centralized place for ALL the available apps?

Posted via Android Central App

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I see the compatible apps tab in the android wear watch app and there's androidwearapps.org, but then I can type in "wear" on Google play, and then more apps appear. Any easy centralized place for ALL the available apps?

Posted via Android Central App

This is the list provided by Google, but it definitely doesn't include all of the apps available:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...IQShgD%3AS%3AANO1ljLZ-gM&hl=en&token=vmOqauCR

I have been searching for "android wear" (in quotes for an exact match) in the play store and finding most of them.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
ah good ol google and their beta releases to the public. one would think something simple like a dedicated app portal would be an easy thing to check off of the launch list. but no...

Joshua Kozak

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I had lunch at Google HQ with the Android Wear Developer liason. Google has no immediate plans to allow users to search by Android Wear Compatible apps despite being able to mark apps as such when uploading new apps. They want to be able to closely control which apps make their curated listed (the one you find from within the Android Wear App).

We put in a request to be on the list with our fitness app, VimoFit, but have yet to make the list. Our app has been live for 2 weeks and is designed specifically for Andoird Wear.

Long story short, the best way to find apps is to search specific categories. Search "Android Wear fitness" or "Android Wear watch face." New apps are going up daily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs