Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ChuckG73
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Getting harder to wait for the 360

I want the watch now !!!

Part of my enjoyment is in being an early adopter and getting in on the ground floor. The thrill of discovery and early coolness.

I am starting to get the itch for an impulse purchase of the Samsung, waiting is not my strong suit.

If I wait a few months and am disappointed with the 360 I will be aggravated to say the least.

Anybody else thinking of caving in?

Steve

Default Re: Getting harder to wait for the 360

Me too. Was looking at the g watch though (due to that charging thing). Wish we had a release date.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

Stop your crying and just go pick up one them! LOL. They are not THAT expensive. If you prefer the 360 once it comes out, sell your LG/Samsung to some other person who is waiting on the next best thing. ;-)

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Oddly, I find myself going the other way. After the rather weak reviews on both the Live and the G watch, I am finding it difficult to want either. While I like the idea, it sounds like they are not quite ready yet. So, I'm (maybe not so) patiently waiting for the 360, hoping it will solve some of the issues that the Live and G watch have.

None of these first generation watched look good. The moto 360 looks the best design wise but it is rather thick. Even with a better design the moto 360 cannot hide the fact that android wear isn't quite ready for prime time.

We are probably one year away from where we start seeing android wear a complete complementary OS to our smart phones and two years from experience we expected from our smart watched
    Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

Yes! I want this now and am also getting tempted to buy the G watch!

Global Posts
    1,321 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

i too am getting ready to cave....If Best buy gets them in store it will be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Even4steven View Post
    I want the watch now !!!

Part of my enjoyment is in being an early adopter and getting in on the ground floor. The thrill of discovery and early coolness.

I am starting to get the itch for an impulse purchase of the Samsung, waiting is not my strong suit.

If I wait a few months and am disappointed with the 360 I will be aggravated to say the least.

Anybody else thinking of caving in?

Steve
    Even4steven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    Oddly, I find myself going the other way. After the rather weak reviews on both the Live and the G watch, I am finding it difficult to want either. While I like the idea, it sounds like they are not quite ready yet. So, I'm (maybe not so) patiently waiting for the 360, hoping it will solve some of the issues that the Live and G watch have.
    I'm with mogelijk. Too many times I've been burned as an early adopter. Bought something on release of a new system then a few months later some really terrific gear hits the market to take best advantage of it -- but I'm struggling on with a device that's "good but not quite there yet."

I bought the G watch last night from best buy. I didn't want to wait any more. I love the g watch and android wear, but not as much as Glass.
    iPhone 6+ & Galaxy Note 4 user. Google Glass Explorer.

Just pick up the gear live and if you like the 360 when it comes out sell it and get the 360.

I've given up! G watch ordered. Black titan to be delivered mid next week.

Now how to explain to the Mrs that I've ordered another bit of tech !! Suggestions welcome ??

Quote Originally Posted by fridgey100 View Post
    I've given up! G watch ordered. Black titan to be delivered mid next week.

Now how to explain to the Mrs that I've ordered another bit of tech !! Suggestions welcome ??

Something went wrong with the old one.... The dog ate it... Oh, it was on sale!.... Any of this working?

Hehe. J/K... Enjoy!

It is not too long now....

One Plus One round face watch might get released first.

I love android wear too, hope that it can add a speaker for alert or playing music.

Quote Originally Posted by wingoku View Post
    One Plus One round face watch might get released first.
    Considering how little we've seen of the 1+1, I doubt it. Motorola may be taking its sweet time, but they surely aren't going to be THAT slow.

Quote Originally Posted by samlee_QvQ View Post
    I love android wear too, hope that it can add a speaker for alert or playing music.
    I can see some reasons for having a speaker, but playing music isn't one of them.

A) a speaker small enough to fit in a watch is going to have horrible sound.
    B) people walking around with music playing from their watches is just obnoxious and annoying.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

C) Having the watch connected by Bluetooth to the phone does not cancel audible alerts or music from the phone (or does it?). How far from the phone is the smartwatch wearer going to be?

If you want to enjoy
    Moto 360 style launcher
    on your current Android Wear device, try Swipify.

How is that a moto 360 style launcher?

If it likes other launcher on Android can add widget. I think I will like it.

Part of the reason I'm using the G watch at least for this generation is that a lot of the cool things on it so far may not work great on the moto. Like calculator, mini launcher etc. I'm hoping by gen 2 or gen 3 everything will be more suited to these circular watches and I can switch

I don't always post but when I do I use an outdated meme as my signature