Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why can't smartwatches make calls anymore

Been tracking all the different changes that have come out with each smartwatch lately and the 1 i was considering buying would have to be on that allows me to make and receive calls from the watch.For some reason they removed it from after the Samsung gear 2 designs.The gear neo replaced it with an RF signal to chaneg channels but with cable and satelite i'm sure you don't want to hit next 300 times to get to the channel you want.A 1.3 megapixel camera won't help if you have a 13 megapixel camera phone unless you're using it for spying.I'm assuming the reason they removed the speaker was because the only safe place to put it was the watch band which are now interchangeable to suit the design you prefer.They can't put it on the top of the watch face otherise it might allow rainwater to leak through.All the new watches can do are calculator,all alerts form your phone,messages,facebook posts.Do they even work with Whatsapp?
    Thanked by:

Gear 2 neo has it. You can't reply with whatsapp at the moment. I'm sure an update will fix that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Why can't smartwatches make calls anymore

With the strap being interchangeable and the picture on their website showing no speaker on the back of the strap by the clasp,where is the speaker on it?

http://www.samsung.com/us/system/con..._xlarge_bk.jpg

It says you can make calls on your wrist on the website though.So maybe its on there but I would like to know where the speaker is.

Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

Default Re: Why can't smartwatches make calls anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Racer View Post
    With the strap being interchangeable and the picture on their website showing no speaker on the back of the strap by the clasp,where is the speaker on it?

http://www.samsung.com/us/system/con..._xlarge_bk.jpg

It says you can make calls on your wrist on the website though.So maybe its on there but I would like to know where the speaker is.
    It's the little slot at the top of your picture.