What SMS/MMS Apps are working

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I am still having MMS issues with hangouts. Any SMS apps with MMS support providing full functionality with Android Wear?

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Chomp SMS added support in the latest update but I don't have a watch (c'mon Moto 360!) to test it out on if anyone wants to give it a shot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1405958024708.jpg
    1405958024708.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 53

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Chomp SMS added support in the latest update but I don't have a watch (c'mon Moto 360!) to test it out on if anyone wants to give it a shot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
Works great for me! I had switched to Evolve for watch support, but like Chomp much better and have switched back.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to clarify something. I never switched from stock messaging (nexus 4, kitkat) to hangouts. I take it that in order to take advantage of android wear (ie: reply from watch), I need something other than stock messaging. I gather I can switch to hangouts. But maybe 8sms is a better choice as it will be closer to stock messaging? Just wondering...

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I would check Textra out as a good messaging app too. I have been sticking with hangouts, but do go back to Textra. Definitely has added functionality like pop-ups and such. Made by same folks as Chomp so without checking I am assuming it is Wear compatible or soon will be.

Posted via Galaxy S5

methods

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to clarify something. I never switched from stock messaging (nexus 4, kitkat) to hangouts. I take it that in order to take advantage of android wear (ie: reply from watch), I need something other than stock messaging. I gather I can switch to hangouts. But maybe 8sms is a better choice as it will be closer to stock messaging? Just wondering...

That's why I use 8sms, because it is close to the stock messaging but also has some added features. Just comes down to personal preference.

Posted via Android Central App

JohnCenaFan

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
just installed 8sms looks good just quick question what does this mean exactly

saw this on xda forum:

Please do not disable or remove the messaging app that came with your phone as that is still required to receive sms and mms messages.

88sms works best if you turn off notifications for the messaging app that came with your phone. Then you won't get two sets of notifications.

I just changed default massager app from android messenger to 8sms will I have any problems using 8sms is there anything else I need to do.

also is it possible to turn off the reply and call buttons in nofication area as I wont use these (prefer to click on message then reply).

Thanks

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought that duplicate warning related to android 4.3 and earlier. In kitkat, changing the default setting is all you need to do I think.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma