Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    421 Global Posts

Default What SMS/MMS Apps are working

I am still having MMS issues with hangouts. Any SMS apps with MMS support providing full functionality with Android Wear?

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Default Re: What SMS/MMS Apps are working

Hangouts only.

EvolveSMS is the only other SMS client I know of that supports android wear, not sure how "full" the support is as the hangouts app works for me.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Rooted & Stock (both)

Chomp SMS added support in the latest update but I don't have a watch (c'mon Moto 360!) to test it out on if anyone wants to give it a shot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What SMS/MMS Apps are working-1405958024708.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    mush10 

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts

8sms (Stock messaging, KitKat) supports wear

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by cbatiste1993 View Post
    Chomp SMS added support in the latest update but I don't have a watch (c'mon Moto 360!) to test it out on if anyone wants to give it a shot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Works great for me! I had switched to Evolve for watch support, but like Chomp much better and have switched back.
    Thanked by:

I just wanted to clarify something. I never switched from stock messaging (nexus 4, kitkat) to hangouts. I take it that in order to take advantage of android wear (ie: reply from watch), I need something other than stock messaging. I gather I can switch to hangouts. But maybe 8sms is a better choice as it will be closer to stock messaging? Just wondering...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    421 Global Posts

I would check Textra out as a good messaging app too. I have been sticking with hangouts, but do go back to Textra. Definitely has added functionality like pop-ups and such. Made by same folks as Chomp so without checking I am assuming it is Wear compatible or soon will be.

Posted via Galaxy S5
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
    I just wanted to clarify something. I never switched from stock messaging (nexus 4, kitkat) to hangouts. I take it that in order to take advantage of android wear (ie: reply from watch), I need something other than stock messaging. I gather I can switch to hangouts. But maybe 8sms is a better choice as it will be closer to stock messaging? Just wondering...
    That's why I use 8sms, because it is close to the stock messaging but also has some added features. Just comes down to personal preference.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Dpoes the Kitkat stock messaging app work with android wear (one with the smiley face).

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCenaFan View Post
    Dpoes the Kitkat stock messaging app work with android wear (one with the smiley face).
    My understanding is no. You will get message notifications but no send/reply from watch. On the plus side, 8sms looks exactly the same as the stock app.

does 8sms have a white theme on mobile?

Seems to default to white.

just installed 8sms looks good just quick question what does this mean exactly

saw this on xda forum:

Please do not disable or remove the messaging app that came with your phone as that is still required to receive sms and mms messages.

88sms works best if you turn off notifications for the messaging app that came with your phone. Then you won't get two sets of notifications.

I just changed default massager app from android messenger to 8sms will I have any problems using 8sms is there anything else I need to do.

also is it possible to turn off the reply and call buttons in nofication area as I wont use these (prefer to click on message then reply).

Thanks

I thought that duplicate warning related to android 4.3 and earlier. In kitkat, changing the default setting is all you need to do I think.