Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Phil is right

What if all these watch faces that have come out Break.... When the new Android L comes out?? I really do hope Google's developers come out with more watch faces before the release of the next Android software. These 3rd party ones are great for now but.... What's next???

Posted via Android Central App
    Quad-Core Power!!!

Default Re: Phil is right

I don't think it's a big deal...once there is an official watch face api, the motivated folks who have been making watch faces before will probably convert their faces to use the new api. And once there is an api, additional developers are likely to pile on also.

You don't have to browse these forums too far before you see a "The new Android broke my such-and-such app..." post. I think I'd be exercising caution; although, L is some time away yet, right, so it won't be a problem any time soon.

I'm not disputing that they'll break...I'm disputing that it's anything worth worrying about...