Something must be wrong with this battery life

Cavere

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I got my Samsung gear live yesterday and really happy with everything except battery life. At 6:20 this evening I had 36%. Now at 7:35 with the always on set to off and brightness at one I have 10%.I also have had two notifications and checked heart rate once.

This is insane! I really want to keep it and I tried a device reset. Is there a way to see what is draining battery life on wear?

Posted via Android Central App

eprisencc

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have mine set set always off and brightness on four and I can get through a day. Are you getting a lot of notifications?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cavere

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hardly any during that time. Maybe three. Maybe it's the watch face I installed it some app that runs in the background. I'll try some things today.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
You should reset and run completely stock for a couple days and see what happens...

[edit]: Which I believe means you will need to uninstall any 3rd party wear apps from your phone or they will just reinstall after you reset...

Cavere

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'll try that now but what is the point of an android product if you cannot customize it?

It is not even noon and I had to charge the watch because it was under 20%.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
To test if it's a hardware defect, you need to be stock or else some 3rd party app could be draining.

This is the same troubleshooting you would do with a battery problem on a phone...

Cavere

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I know and that's why I did it but it's hard not to show off everything for the first week or so!

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I have no idea what the OP is running but on my g watch, I get to the end of the day with 60/70% remaining so it's certainly not a universal android wear issue.

Cavere

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Running stock the battery life is great. Now I just have to determine if it's mini launcher or if the custom watch faces.

Cavere

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Currently running timeless watchface and mini launcher without problems. I will just have to go through and see what the problem was.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
After Jerry's post on the 27th about battery life, I decided to do an experiment. I have the LG watch. I always keep the brightness at 1. I have the mini launcher. My normal day I get about 300 emails and about 50 texts, plus about 8 calendar events and weather in 2 cities. This is my normal day. Also typically take the watch off the charger about 7AM and back on about 11PM. I had been running the watch without always on. Typically my battery life was very good (still over 70% at the end of the day). Since Jerry and everyone else said that always on did not affect battery life much, I tried it yesterday. by 10PM the watch was complaining of less than 15% left. I turned always on, back off and while it's still 2.5 hours until my normal 11PM shut down, I also still have over 75% left.

So for me, always on is a killer. YMMV

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
After Jerry's post on the 27th about battery life, I decided to do an experiment. I have the LG watch. I always keep the brightness at 1. I have the mini launcher. My normal day I get about 300 emails and about 50 texts, plus about 8 calendar events and weather in 2 cities. This is my normal day. Also typically take the watch off the charger about 7AM and back on about 11PM. I had been running the watch without always on. Typically my battery life was very good (still over 70% at the end of the day). Since Jerry and everyone else said that always on did not affect battery life much, I tried it yesterday. by 10PM the watch was complaining of less than 15% left. I turned always on, back off and while it's still 2.5 hours until my normal 11PM shut down, I also still have over 75% left.

So for me, always on is a killer. YMMV

I'm using always on but I don't get anywhere near that number of notifications. So I guess the battery can handle always on OR a ton of notifications but not both.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm using always on but I don't get anywhere near that number of notifications. So I guess the battery can handle always on OR a ton of notifications but not both.

Could be - i get way too many notifications, but that is just my life (or is it my electronic leash)!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang