Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Something must be wrong with this battery life

I got my Samsung gear live yesterday and really happy with everything except battery life. At 6:20 this evening I had 36%. Now at 7:35 with the always on set to off and brightness at one I have 10%.I also have had two notifications and checked heart rate once.

This is insane! I really want to keep it and I tried a device reset. Is there a way to see what is draining battery life on wear?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Something must be wrong with this battery life

I have mine set set always off and brightness on four and I can get through a day. Are you getting a lot of notifications?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hardly any during that time. Maybe three. Maybe it's the watch face I installed it some app that runs in the background. I'll try some things today.

You should reset and run completely stock for a couple days and see what happens...

[edit]: Which I believe means you will need to uninstall any 3rd party wear apps from your phone or they will just reinstall after you reset...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'll try that now but what is the point of an android product if you cannot customize it?

It is not even noon and I had to charge the watch because it was under 20%.

To test if it's a hardware defect, you need to be stock or else some 3rd party app could be draining.

This is the same troubleshooting you would do with a battery problem on a phone...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I know and that's why I did it but it's hard not to show off everything for the first week or so!

The watch faces aren't working off the api yet. Maybe that's the problem.

Well I have no idea what the OP is running but on my g watch, I get to the end of the day with 60/70% remaining so it's certainly not a universal android wear issue.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Running stock the battery life is great. Now I just have to determine if it's mini launcher or if the custom watch faces.

I do use mini launcher so I doubt that is the problem.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Currently running timeless watchface and mini launcher without problems. I will just have to go through and see what the problem was.

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

After Jerry's post on the 27th about battery life, I decided to do an experiment. I have the LG watch. I always keep the brightness at 1. I have the mini launcher. My normal day I get about 300 emails and about 50 texts, plus about 8 calendar events and weather in 2 cities. This is my normal day. Also typically take the watch off the charger about 7AM and back on about 11PM. I had been running the watch without always on. Typically my battery life was very good (still over 70% at the end of the day). Since Jerry and everyone else said that always on did not affect battery life much, I tried it yesterday. by 10PM the watch was complaining of less than 15% left. I turned always on, back off and while it's still 2.5 hours until my normal 11PM shut down, I also still have over 75% left.

So for me, always on is a killer. YMMV

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts

Always on seems to be a killer for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by vr002sh View Post
    After Jerry's post on the 27th about battery life, I decided to do an experiment. I have the LG watch. I always keep the brightness at 1. I have the mini launcher. My normal day I get about 300 emails and about 50 texts, plus about 8 calendar events and weather in 2 cities. This is my normal day. Also typically take the watch off the charger about 7AM and back on about 11PM. I had been running the watch without always on. Typically my battery life was very good (still over 70% at the end of the day). Since Jerry and everyone else said that always on did not affect battery life much, I tried it yesterday. by 10PM the watch was complaining of less than 15% left. I turned always on, back off and while it's still 2.5 hours until my normal 11PM shut down, I also still have over 75% left.

So for me, always on is a killer. YMMV
    I'm using always on but I don't get anywhere near that number of notifications. So I guess the battery can handle always on OR a ton of notifications but not both.

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
    I'm using always on but I don't get anywhere near that number of notifications. So I guess the battery can handle always on OR a ton of notifications but not both.
    Could be - i get way too many notifications, but that is just my life (or is it my electronic leash)!