Are you a d-bag for wearing a smart watch?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Is this tech new enough and not yet mainstream that doing something like paying for coffee with it or asking it for directions makes you seem like a d0uche to others?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

MC_A_DOT

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Is this tech new enough and not yet mainstream that doing something like paying for coffee with it or asking it for directions makes you seem like a d0uche to others?

To be honest I don't care what anyone thinks....neither should you.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
IMO, no tech can make you offensive to others. How you use it, and your attitude, is what would make you offensive. If you go around "Do you have a smartwatch? *I* have a smartwatch!", then you're a jerk. If you just use it and show it off a little if people ask, then that's cool.

I will say that bluetooth headsets are more prone to coming across badly, because they give off an impression that you might not be fully listening to someone if you're wearing them while having an in-person conversation. IMO, bluetooth etiquette is that if you're talking to someone in person, take it out of your ear. Nothing like that really applies to a smartwatch, other than not letting it divide your attention too much from a conversation (same goes for a smartphone, tablet, or even a paper book).

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
What if I frequently hide my phone near friends, coworkers, or even strangers, step away several feet, then start ripping farts from my watch with the Whoopee Wear fart app? Does that make me a d0uche?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet