Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Music Control Card never shows up.

I can't get controls to show up on the watch at all. Not on the music player, the FM radio, not on Pocket Cast.

When podcasts download that notification pops up, can't figure how to get controls to show up though.

I've just tried every audio app on the phone; the only one that shows any controls is Google Music, which pops up a control card, unlike the others, and it vanishes when playback finishes.

*However* if I download a podcast with pocket cast, the card pops up to say it's downloaded, and if I swipe that I see a play pause control. But that's all. And that's the only time it happens.

Default Re: Music Control Card never shows up.

The controls only show up when something is playing. If you are expecting them to always be available, they just aren't.

If your player has a widget, you can initiate playback using wearable widgets.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's exactly what I'm saying, they're not showing up when something is playing.

They show up ONLY when Google Play Music is playing. They don't show up for Music, FM Radio, for podcast addict, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BK2FUT View Post
    That's exactly what I'm saying, they're not showing up when something is playing.

They show up ONLY when Google Play Music is playing. They don't show up for Music, FM Radio, for podcast addict, etc.
    Then you need to bug the creators of those apps to update their apps to be Wear compatible.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The creators of those apps is Google.

Apart from the podcast app I'm talking about apps that are built into the phone as standard.

The creators of those apps is Google.

Apart from the podcast app I'm talking about apps that are built into the phone as standard.
    "Music, FM Radio, for podcast addict"

I'm not sure exactly what "Music" app you're talking about, since you've already mentioned "Google Play Music" separately, or which FM Radio app you're talking about, but I can tell you that Podcast Addict is by Xavier Guillemane, not Google. Just because something came on your phone does not mean Google made the app. (BTW, what phone are we talking about?)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Okay.

That's what I meant when I said "apart from the podcast app".

A Samsung Galaxy S3. Which had, preinstalled, an app called 'Music' which is the standard music app that I use, the Google Play Music app, and the FM Radio app I'm talking about is called 'FM Radio'. All three, 'Music', 'Google Play Music' and 'FM Radio' are preinstalled on the phone.

Okay.

That's what I meant when I said "apart from the podcast app".

A Samsung Galaxy S3. Which had, preinstalled, an app called 'Music' which is the standard music app that I use, the Google Play Music app, and the FM Radio app I'm talking about is called 'FM Radio'. All three, 'Music', 'Google Play Music' and 'FM Radio' are preinstalled on the phone.
    I would guess the "Music" and "FM Radio" apps are probably made by Samsung. I haven't found any way to tell that on the phone itself, but Samsung likes to add a lot of their own apps to their phones on top of Google's software. Hopefully since they have an Android Wear device themselves, they'll get around to adding more Wear support for their apps.