Gear 2 Neo vs. Gear Fit vs. waiting for Moto360...

Nalese

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
There is a wild amount of smartwatch buzz going on right now with the upcoming IFA in Berlin. I was going to buy the Gear Fit because I like the smaller size, but the Gear 2 Neo seems to have so much more functionality and better OS. But now I'm reading all this stuff about the Moto360 and the possibility of a new Samsung Gear device. I don't quite understand all the changes in the OS that all the devices run. Have some devices aged out due to not running Android Wear?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 which I take with me on all work outs.

I want a smart watch for the following purposes:
1. TELL TIME - most fitness trackers make you wear the thing, plus a watch
2. Workout functions - wrist based heartrate, start/stop music, GPS route, pace, calories burned... mostly running, but hiking and biking too.
3. Sleep analysis - I like the idea of the watch helping me get more/better sleep. This includes prompting me (bugging me) to go to bed, monitoring sleep, and waking up (vibrating alarm would be best)
4. Notifications - mostly meeting reminders
5. Activity monitoring - how much time sitting still, heart rate throughout the day, calories burned - I like the idea of trying to make certain goals and then having to do more (like the Basis Activity watch).

I don't know if the following functions are useful on a watch (because I don't have one)
Phone call - make or answer
Texting - can you really reply? Its so tiny...

Any thoughts welcome. At this point I'm doing nothing because I don't have a frame of reference and there are too many devices with rumors of big announcements in the first week of September...

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Someone may answer you in this forum, but if not, you may have a better chance of getting a reply if you post in the Samsung Galaxy S5 and Motorola forums, where you will find like-minded members.☺

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Am not sure but have sent report and advice may be forthcoming.

Posted via Android Central App

gglez

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
if you like to workout get the galaxy gear or the gear 2 neo. They both have a music player on board so you leave your phone at home or in a locker if you have bluetooth headphones. The phone call function is nice sometimes i'm doing something with my hands and quickly glance at the watch and can say answer to pick up the call and talk. Texting is also nice on the watch, after you learn how the system works although im currently having trouble with the messenger remembering my inputted words.

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
For fitness Samsung due to S Health however Android Wear can do a lot more and has voice recognition which is amazing. Samsung on the other hand has S-Voice. Not much competition I've tried both and I share most your interests and Android Wear suits me to a T

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow