| || |
Gear 2 Neo vs. Gear Fit vs. waiting for Moto360...
There is a wild amount of smartwatch buzz going on right now with the upcoming IFA in Berlin. I was going to buy the Gear Fit because I like the smaller size, but the Gear 2 Neo seems to have so much more functionality and better OS. But now I'm reading all this stuff about the Moto360 and the possibility of a new Samsung Gear device. I don't quite understand all the changes in the OS that all the devices run. Have some devices aged out due to not running Android Wear?
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 which I take with me on all work outs.
I want a smart watch for the following purposes:
1. TELL TIME - most fitness trackers make you wear the thing, plus a watch
2. Workout functions - wrist based heartrate, start/stop music, GPS route, pace, calories burned... mostly running, but hiking and biking too.
3. Sleep analysis - I like the idea of the watch helping me get more/better sleep. This includes prompting me (bugging me) to go to bed, monitoring sleep, and waking up (vibrating alarm would be best)
4. Notifications - mostly meeting reminders
5. Activity monitoring - how much time sitting still, heart rate throughout the day, calories burned - I like the idea of trying to make certain goals and then having to do more (like the Basis Activity watch).
I don't know if the following functions are useful on a watch (because I don't have one)
Phone call - make or answer
Texting - can you really reply? Its so tiny...
Any thoughts welcome. At this point I'm doing nothing because I don't have a frame of reference and there are too many devices with rumors of big announcements in the first week of September...