Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Cannot Install Android Wear

Unable to install Android Wear on my Galaxy S5. When I try to run it after installation it says, "Android Wear needs to be reinstalled. Please uninstall it and reinstall it from the Play Store."

When I uninstall and reinstall it says the same thing again. Any ideas on what could be wrong and how to solve this?

Frank

Global Posts
    13,146 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Cannot Install Android Wear

Quote Originally Posted by lawful12 View Post
    Unable to install Android Wear on my Galaxy S5. When I try to run it after installation it says, "Android Wear needs to be reinstalled. Please uninstall it and reinstall it from the Play Store."

When I uninstall and reinstall it says the same thing again. Any ideas on what could be wrong and how to solve this?

Frank
    Have you performed a reboot of the device? Uninstall the app then reboot. Try reinstalling and see if you have better results.

Let us now how it goes.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I had to do a reset of the S5. I now works.

Posted via the Android Central App

My note three said the same thing so I uninstalled the app and did a battery pull and put the app back on working like a charm now

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by lawful12 View Post

Frank
    I'm having this problem with my S4. I've done an uninstall then reset, battery pull, then reinstalled, then reset, then battery pulled and every other possible combination for the last 4 days. I cannot get it to stop requesting the "refresh" every time I open wear. I recently bought the Asus Zenwatch and I can't use it without android wear functioning properly. Help!!

Having the same exact issue on the S4. No combination of uninstalling and battery pulls has worked so far. I even let it sit without a battery for a solid 20 minutes...

If it helps, I did notice that after every re-installation, it will immediately flash the old error including the slide it usually errors out on (Android wear needs a refresh) before starting from scratch. It always errors out right after setting up notification settings.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Ball View Post
    Having the same exact issue on the S4. No combination of uninstalling and battery pulls has worked so far. I even let it sit without a battery for a solid 20 minutes...

If it helps, I did notice that after every re-installation, it will immediately flash the old error including the slide it usually errors out on (Android wear needs a refresh) before starting from scratch. It always errors out right after setting up notification settings.

Any assistance would be appreciated!
    Have you figured out a solution for this problem having the same problem. Thanks

I had this problem also but with LG G3.

FIx:

1. Turn off Android wear

2. Make sure you have "ok google" enebled. (i turned mine off when i got the phone.)

You can either enable it by searching for it on play store or find it in the phone. (i think i used clean master to disable it.)

Anyways turn it on.

3. Open Android wear

4. ask your watch anything - Mine popped right into search and was working!

Took me around 45mins to figure this out.

I have the S4 and having the same issue with refresh error. Tried everything. Any luck with yours?

IT WORKED!! INSTALL and activate GOOGLE NOW BEFORE INSTALLING ANDROID WEAR. awesome thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Lavoie View Post
    I'm having this problem with my S4. I've done an uninstall then reset, battery pull, then reinstalled, then reset, then battery pulled and every other possible combination for the last 4 days. I cannot get it to stop requesting the "refresh" every time I open wear. I recently bought the Asus Zenwatch and I can't use it without android wear functioning properly. Help!!
    Ok guys I have an S4 and after a couple hours I found the problem. It's not Google Now you need...it's just GOOGLE. Make sure it is ENABLED on your phone. Search Google on the Google Play store, enable it, do the update, and everything should be working!
    hokie_prof likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by princessjayyee View Post
    Ok guys I have an S4 and after a couple hours I found the problem. It's not Google Now you need...it's just GOOGLE. Make sure it is ENABLED on your phone. Search Google on the Google Play store, enable it, do the update, and everything should be working!
    This solution worked for my Note 3. Thanks much!

I to had problems down loading the android wear app, it also keep telling me to reinstall what work for me, that i had to install google and then update google, after doing so i was able to download and it works, Thanks