Google Voice text message reply Moto 360??

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
As the title suggests I can't seem to reply from the watch to a GV text like I can with a regular text message. Is there a setting I am overlooking?
The only options seem to be swipe away or read on phone.

mitch2

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Ya me to. But it works fine now , wish I could get my e mail to work. Having same problem as others I get notifications but I can't repond.

Bostjan Vidovic

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'll try asking my question here...
I have a problem with google now but i've noticed it because i've used the reply function on the moto 360.

so if I send a text message "ok, google. send message to john doe how's it going buddy"
the text will be sent using hangouts but it will use my PHONE number and not my Google Voice number

-i've transferred from google voice to hangouts a month ago
-my text messages settings in hangouts are fixed to "use gv number" not "the smart reply"
-in the chat window the message will be marked "via SMS" and the ones i would type in the same window and send are marked "via Google Voice"

no clue... and so hard to google search this because of all the hot words are trending...

cogdiesel

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue.

When replying or starting a new text from moto 360 via google now it sends the message from my carrier number through hangouts instead of my google voice number.

However, any texting I do through hangouts on my phone always uses my google voice number by default.

I've noticed a few people say they have it working.

Could you give a run down of the settings needed to make this happen because I am fairly sure I have everything provisioned correctly in hangouts to use the google voice number and it's only when replying or initiating a text from my moto 360 that I am having the issue

flipdagger

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I've just purchased the 360 and I am also having the same issue! Has this still not been fixed in over 3 months?

EDIT: I am running Android 5.0.1 on a Nexus 5, and the latest Moto 360 update.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey