Android Wear - Multiple emails - Can only view list (Gmail, exchange, etc)

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been on the edge of getting a Moto360 and saw a few on the shelf in Best Buy yesterday. Needless to say my gadget-***** side kicked in and now I have one.

I'm noticing that if I receive a single email through Gmail, or a single email through Exchange then it shows me the content of that email. But if I receive more than 1 message through any email app it just shows me a list of those emails with the subject. There is no way to look at the body of an individual email.

Is there something I can do to change this behavior so that I can see the body of any of the emails listed? I'm using an LG G3 if that has an impact on the issue.

Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can :( I've been having the same issue/gripe, especially if you dismiss the notification for one and you get another e-mail, now you have the list of the two messages, not just the new one (since the first one was unread).

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm running into. I assume that's a factor of how the Wear extension is written but that might be the thing that makes me take it back until the interactions with the notifications are better. It feels like it defeats the purpose if you have to pull your phone out to clear out unread emails so that you can get a meaningful level of information from the next notification on your watch.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's in the little things, huh? I still have about 25 days to decide hehe. But even with the limited notifications, the fact that I can customize the watchface and at least clear basic stuff and talk to the watch has me excited. I wish it wasn't 250 bucks, though haha. But I'm hoping future updates will improve on this. I knew I was getting into a 1.0 product, and as such I was expecting shortcomings.

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm always good with a 1.0 product but I just need the basics of the product to be supported. That being said the watch functionality itself is nice. But between the basic notification shortcomings and the slight laggy behavior of the current Moto360 processor...it might be best to treat this as a learning experience and buy in to version 2. Then again I might just decide to keep it...

jlo3378

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there something I can do to change this behavior so that I can see the body of any of the emails listed?

I was annoyed by the same thing. I switched my email accounts over to cloud magic and I can now see multiple messages.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi this is a bit technical for me. I have the g3 any chance you could point me in the direction of what I need to download. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

ncc1701-e

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
My link to the FREE apps was deleted on here. I am new here so don't know the rules but I did fix this on a note 3 and lg g3. Have to switch out your stock email app that came with your phone for the one the nexus 5 uses. No custom room or rooting required. Just google to find what you need.

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The Gmail app lets me interact with multiple messages. I also use Nine for my work Exchange mail. It works as well, and is way better than the stock email app.

ncc1701-e

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Nine is a good paid alternative and almost paid at the end of the trial. I just needed to be able to read multiple emails and reply so free won out for me.

Carkid367

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that's keeping me from using the Gmail app with all my emails, push service for Yahoo, Outlook, and my business email. Hence, why I use cloudmagic

Posted via the Android Central App

s2law

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Gamil 5.0 still doesn't offer the basic option of viewing a combined mailbox, hence I'm sticking with cloud magic for now.