Will Wear "Properly" Support a Circular Display?

Simon Russell

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Currently toying between LG G Watch R and Asus Zenwatch (if it ever becomes available).

All of the demos I've seen of the LG (and Moto 360) have suggested that Wear seem to 'think' the display is square. Whilst watch faces look brilliant, notifications are cropped and sometimes unreadable as if the OS is not taking into account the boundaries of the display.

Anybody know if there are any plans to redesign for different display shapes? I appreciate the OS can cope with non-rectangular shapes, but to actually format for them (I'm assuming this is a Wear issue, apologies if it isn't). It's making me sway towards the Asus at the moment, since whilst the circular displays look lovely they currently do not seem to be practical.

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the 360 and can honestly say I have no issues what so ever with the round display. The way the notifications display doesn't cut off anything that wouldn't be cut off on a square, or rectangular watch. What you do get is more space on both sides of the notification details.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo